Lilo & Stitch


My favourite traditionally animated film, basically because of these two fantastic characters. The irrepressible combination of Lilo & Stitch!

I LOVED this film with it's quirky storyline, refreshing look, funny characters all at odds with each other, all grounded by the pretty basic pursuit of keeping a tattered family together. I even got to work on these characters for the DVD sequel which meant I had a joygasm going to work every day of the production. I kid you not. Draw one of the characters. Joygasm. Over and over. Every day.

Picked these figured up at Toys'R'Us when the film was at the height of it's marketing. Once upon a time her hair smelt like coconut and he had an Elvis costume. It's surprising how well Stitch translates into three dimensions, and that Lilo doesn't at all in this case. Ah well, she'll always be adorable in two dimensions.

Working on the sequel, I managed to get a copy of each department's production bible from layout all the way through animation and cleanup, it was better than the art-of book! Stupid me lent it to someone and never saw it again. Stupid stupid stupid.

One of my favourite scenes in craptacular youtube quality: