The Rocketeer


Behold the glory that is: The Rocketeer! I loved this movie as a kid, and my better half knocked my socks off by getting this figure for me one Christmas! Best. Holiday. Ever.



I really don't get why The Rocketeer isn't a more popular character, maybe I'm out of step with the hip cats or whatever. A flying hero and a buxom brunette ticks all the boxes required for me to enjoy a movie! This figure is pretty cool, his only shortcomings being that his hands pop off pretty easily and his moulded boots limit his posability. That said, the details on the helmet, jacket and jetpack are fantastic. Everything is there, right down to the rivets.

I think a second version was made where they recitified some of the figure's issues, but hot damn this one is still pretty awesome. If you don't know who the Rocketeer is, find out right now via this atrocious trailer:



 Or go enjoy the original comic:
http://john-flynn.com/costumes/rocketeer01.gif